- Is your service safe for my children and pets?
- How long will it take to get rid of my bugs?
- How did the bugs get in my home?
- Why should I choose A1 Pest Control Palm Beach Inc.?
- How toxic are your chemicals, and is my family going to be safe?
- What is "IPM?Ē
- When is it safe for my kids and pets to go outside after a spraying?
- When you come to spray my home, how long will it take?
- How long does a perimeter pest treatment last?
- Don't over-the-counter products work as well as your treatments?
- Isn't one treatment good enough to get rid of my bugs?
- How soon can you service my home?
- Why Should I Treat the Outside of My Home?
Q. Is your service safe for my
children and pets? [top]
A. Yes, we use federal EPA and state approved pesticides along with our baiting system. Because we integrate baits with our methods, less pesticide is used in and around your home.
Q. How long will it take to get rid
of my bugs? [top]
A. Every home is unique; therefore, every pest problem is also unique. Our technicians are trained to seek out the source of your problem and treat each home with a personal touch. Ensuring the most long-lasting, effective pest control for your home is our goal. You hire a pest control company to get rid of your bugs, and we don't stop until they are gone.
Q. How did the bugs get in my
A. There are many factors which can introduce bugs into your home. Our technicians are trained to seek out those "hot spots" and develop a plan to reduce the potential for future pest problems.
Q. Why should I choose A1 Pest
Control Palm Beach Inc.? [top]
A. We have the knowledge and experience to solve your pest problems. We can usually solve your problems in just one application and most of our services come with a 30 day guarantee. If your pest problem continues during your guarantee period, we will come back for additional services at no additional cost to you.
Q. How toxic are your chemicals,
and is my family going to be safe? [top]
A. Most of the products we use are in the classification of "Category III," which is the lowest in toxicity. Additionally, many of the materials we use are also natural oils or plant derivatives. Our goal at the time of application is to specifically target the area the pests are invading or infesting and expose only the pests to our products. We carefully follow all the manufacturer's instructions as well as rules and regulations set forth by our regulatory agencies. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate your pests and to limit you and your familyís exposure to harmful toxic chemicals.
Q. What is "IPM?Ē [top]
A. The abbreviation "IPM" stands for Integrated Pest Management. IPM is a system of controlling pests by combining biological, mechanical, cultural, physical and chemical control methods in a way that minimizes economic, health and environmental risks. Pests are monitored by regular and careful inspections. The inspections identify pests and conditions contributing to pest problems. Based on the inspection the technician then decides what actions are necessary. The knowledge of the pests' biology and habits will help in determining what methods or techniques would best control the pests at the lowest potential exposure possible.
Q. When is it safe for my
kids and pets to go outside after a spraying? [top]
A. At least one hour after the application has been made or when the product has completely dried. Every pesticide requires that pets and people avoid touching treated surfaces until completely dry. Once dry, the material will not be easily transferred to paws or skin.
Q. When you come to spray my
home, how long will it take? [top]
A. It generally depends on the type of pests to be controlled and the size of your home. As an example, an initial service for ants will routinely take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete. Each additional regularly scheduled application will usually take around 20 minutes.
Q. How long does a perimeter
pest treatment last? [top]
A. The perimeter pest treatment stops pests in minutes of the application, but it is difficult to say how long the application will last for your home. Many conditions factor in when an application schedule is set up. Different climates, infestation types and the types of grounds around your home will determine what treatment methods will be used. When we make the initial inspection, we can tell you best how often your treatments will be needed.
over-the-counter products work as well as your treatments? [top]
A. No. In fact, in some cases they can actually make the problem worse. We use chemicals that are regulated by the Florida Department of Agriculture, and as such are meant for use by state licensed professionals. The chemicals we apply have a longer residual life and are meant to be used in strict accordance to their label directions. An individual can get good results from treating the home as a do-it-yourselfer, but it will take consistent effort. Our customers prefer to leave the pesticide spraying up to the professionals.
Q. Isn't one treatment
good enough to get rid of my bugs? [top]
A. Not usually. Currently, manufactured pesticides have a relatively short residual life that needs to be reapplied about every 60 days to be continuously effective. If we treated your home once, you will probably see pests again in a couple of months. Our job is to create a barrier around your home and maintain that for you. Just like weeding a garden, or cleaning your house, it's on-going maintenance.
Q. How soon can you service my
A. In most cases within 24 hours. If it is an emergency we can usually have someone out to your home the same day.
Q. Why Should I Treat the
Outside of My Home? [top]
A. Because Good Pest Management Begins OUTSIDE! A lush green landscape creates a sense of pride for you and your family, and increases the value of your home and property.
- Home invading insects donít start in the home, they migrate in from outside. Stop them where they start.
- Treating the outside of your home is advised if you are planning an outdoor event like a Bar-B-Que, Pool Party or a special family gathering and you donít want your guests to be disturbed.
- Proper pest management outside ensures healthy foliage and a thick full lawn.
- Less pesticides are needed to be used inside when you are treating outside.
- Pets are more protected from fleas and ticks with regular exterior services.
- Once an inside infestation occurs, itís much more difficult to control; the source has not been treated.
- Your family, guests and pets are protected from the diseases that biting insects like mosquitoes, fleas and spiders carry.